7 Tips to Cope With Snoring and Your Relationship

The following is a contributor article by Neer Tiwari: Is snoring ruining your relationship? Though this may seem like a w...

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Looking for the Fairytale


You might be asking yourself, "Why should I settle for less than what I want?" The truth is, you shouldn't and you don't have to. But, it might take you longer than you'd hoped to find that love of your life that you've been waiting for. Everyone that's single gets lonely sometimes, especially when they've been single for quite some time. It's important to keep your chin up and not lose hope or give up in the process. We can't expect everything to happen when we want it to happen. It takes time to date, find someone special, explore a new relationship, and see if it's the right situation for you. It can be very deflating at times when you go on endless dates, and nothing to show for it, but another night alone. 

I'm not sure about you, but like many singles out there, I'm picky with whom I choose to bring into my life. I know what I want, what works for me, and what doesn't at this point in my life. I'm doing everything in my power to find the right person for me, including having an open heart and an open mind. Having said that, there are certain things that I won't put up with or stand for when it comes to how I'm treated by someone. Many people experience finding a lot of people that they could date, but they choose not to accept dates, unless they feel that there's something that could be promising with the person. There's no point in going on a date with someone, when in a mere text message or phone call, you don't seem to connect well or get along. There's no point in wasting your time or anyone else's. The fact of the matter is, you should be picky, but you should know what you want, or at least, have an idea of what you're looking for in another person. 

Being picky isn't necessarily a bad thing. However, you shouldn't be so picky that you're being extreme about it, and not giving anyone a chance. One thing that people tend to do that could ward off any possible chances with a person is by being too judgmental of someone, before you even have a chance to talk and get to know them. Especially, if you're in the limelight and in Los Angeles, there's a higher chance of that it seems. At least from my experience, people that see my pictures, my articles, and my videos, tend to think that they know me enough, that they can judge me as per why I'm single or not finding the right match. Having said that, this article isn't about my own personal experience as far as being judged goes, it's merely an example. 

Many times people judge others based on false pretenses and what they think that the other person might be like. You don't really know a person, until you actually talk with them and get to know them. When you're truly interested in meeting someone and getting to know them well, then you should give things a real shot, by not assuming that you know everything about them, before you even have a chance to meet. If you think that you have many common interests with someone, it doesn't hurt to ease into those big, heavy discussions that tend to get a little too personal, before actually meeting. The same goes for during early dating, when it's too soon to pry into people's personal lives. It's important that everything in life be gradual and paced in a way that's not only comfortable for you, but for the person that you're interested in getting to know as well. 

The main point of this article is to let people know that it's alright if you're a bit on the picky side, as long as you know what you want. For me personally, I'm picky about almost everything, from what I eat, to what lotions I use, to who I choose as friends, to who I date, etc. I don't believe in settling, and I definitely don't feel that I or anyone should settle for anything less than what they want or deserve. I've said this throughout many articles that I've written, and that's that you should know your self-worth and not accept bad treatment from anyone for any reason. You shouldn't accept being with someone that's "almost" a good match for you. 

For all of those people that have been in the dating scene for quite some time, with no luck yet as far as finding Mr. or Mrs. Right goes, don't lose hope, and know that everything will happen in its own time. Everyone will find their match if they keep trying. Keep your chin up and stay strong, and the love of your life will come into your life very soon, if you keep your heart and your eyes open for it. Remember, everyone deserves a fairytale, and it's not just make-believe. If you believe that it can be real and that you can find the love of your life, then it can and will be real, and it's not make-believe. As much as you want to, you can live happily ever after if you have faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment