We've all been in relationships with people at times and wondered, "Am I the only one giving in this relationship?" In that moment, we're feeling like we're putting out so much effort to do things to express our love to the other person, and getting nothing back in return. I'm sure we've all felt this way at some point. It's one of the simplest things that can improve a person's relationship and love life. Effort doesn't cost anything. Effort is free and has no price.
When you want to express your love and affections to someone, there are many ways to go about it. A person doesn't necessarily have to have a huge savings account and buy you the world, in order to express their love to you. Actually, you don't have to buy anything to express your love to someone else. Like I said, it costs nothing to put effort into things. A person simply needs to feel that you love them and care about them. Putting effort into things will show someone you care.
If a person has expectations that are unreasonable, then that's a different story. Otherwise, it's fairly easy to put effort into things in order to show someone you care. I'm going to write a list of 10 things that are simple examples of what you can do to show someone how you feel, without spending any money. Don't get me wrong! When someone spends their hard earned money on you and they do it with love, that's awesome! Perhaps they put a lot of thought into something they did or bought you and you should appreciate it and be grateful. People showing effort by taking the time to do sweet things for you that cost money are beautiful and incredibly full of effort too. But this list is to express your love without having to spend money. Not all of us have big bank, yet.
There are many ways to show someone you care that cost nothing. When you wake up in the morning if she/he crosses your mind, text them! You can say anything sweet like, "Good morning love. Wishing you a beautiful day!" You can just text the person and let them know you care. There's no cost in that. It doesn't even take a lot of time out of your day to do something as sweet as that. When we like someone and we get a message from them as such, it can truly brighten our day. It can make someone feel that the other person really cares and puts the effort into having communication with you.
Having said that, I can't stress enough the importance of not only texting, but calling as well. Some people have seriously taken advantage of text messaging. Even if for a brief minute or two, it's so important to put the effort into calling someone you care about. It shouldn't have to be such a big deal where one should even contemplate making a phone call to someone and viewing this as effort. With all of the technology these days, we're all forgetting what's normal and what matters the most. Your partner's feelings matter the most and whether or not they feel you love them enough. Put effort into all that you do. No matter how big or small the thing is, put effort into it. Be a giver, not a taker.
Ten Ways to Show You Care Without Spending a Lot of Money:
1. Go on a romantic evening walk together.
2. Plan a romantic picnic together.
3. Pick some beautiful flowers from your yard to give to your love.
4. Plan an event where there are free outdoor concerts and movies. There are many of those out there. You just have to put the effort into looking it up.
5. Make a home cooked meal and spark it up with some romantic music and beautiful candlelight.
6. Invite the other to your place and have some wine and dessert. Maybe even turn on some tunes and dance around the living room.
7. Be a good listener. Listen for what's really important to the other person. If you can do anything to get your partner closer to that thing happening, do it.
8. Be giving and show your partner that it's not all about what you want and that you care what they want as well. This goes for what you eat, where you're dining, where you want to go together, etc.
9. Be willing to treat your date like a lady and pick her up at her door and drop her off in the same manner. There's nothing like a gentleman courting his love.
10. Be a planner. Plan in advance and make a reservation, so your partner will feel like you put effort into it. Don't wait until the last minute, but put effort into having some idea of what you're going to do together.
One Last Note:
Show appreciation for all of the effort that your partner puts into things. Nothing is worse than an unappreciative person. As well, nothing will stop a person from putting effort into things, than feeling unappreciated. Remember your please and thank you's. Wishing you all a great evening!