When you completely act as yourself, you are in fact being true to yourself, and that's all that matters. No one will always agree with you, and you can't try to please everyone. In the process of doing things that you so choose, you may endure some unwanted, unconstructive criticism. People say that you shouldn't care about what others say. You should just be happy, and feel confident in yourself enough, to where no one else's opinions matter, and nothing anyone says will affect how you feel about yourself and how you proceed in your journey. It's not true.
People should be kind and sensitive to others. Even on a subconscious level, your comments and words can affect another person's happiness. It's kind of scary to know how much hate is out there in the world. People that have no lives and choose to comment on other people's looks, hard work, videos, talents, and whatnot in a negative way can just be plain cruel. I make it a point in my life to leave the attitude and edgy side of me for the Lakers or for fun, as opposed to picking on others.
It's so easy to be nice and sweet. It feels good to be kind to others and know that you've made someone else happy. Where did that love go? As Pink Floyd would say, "Is anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me." Here's a few examples of some backhanded compliments that I've received (which are in fact not compliments at all and can be quite insensitive).
1. "You're so beautiful! You should model, while you still have SOME youth left in you!"
2. "You look so beautiful! But, you look pregnant in those pictures! Are you pregnant?!! Look!! Right there...in that pic!! You look so pregnant! Maybe it's a shadow?!"
3. "I know a guy I want to introduce you to! He has a lot of money. He's a really bad guy though."
4. "Oh nice! You dyed your hair blonde?!! It's nice if you like yellow. I personally don't like yellow hair, I like more of a white/platinum blonde."
5. "Boring" (on a post you create from your heart) (of course, this is a guy that I refused to date; can you blame me?!!)
6. "You don't need to show that much skin.. it looks like you're trying too hard and you don't have to.
7. "I don't really know your motives but you need classier photos."
8. "But in the least offensive way possible, the saying "stay classy not trashy"(in regards to removing pictures that showed a bit of cleavage)."
9. "How far along are you?" (clearly I had too much soup the night before)
Here are some pictures I had taken from one of my most fun photo shoots ever. Imagine this: You drive to the top of a mountain, you pull over somewhere safe over-looking the beautiful mountains of Santa Monica. Then you open your car doors like a plane, blasting that song you want on replay over and over again (in this case, "The Heart Wants What It Wants"). Your heart's pounding with passion from the sound, embracing the fresh air, and bursts of wind hitting you just right, and you're simply loving life, and feeling beautiful (inside and out). I hope you enjoy the pictures!