We all know that early on in a relationship, there's a stage where everything is new and exciting. The stage is called, "the honeymoon phase." After the honeymoon phase is over, a couple has a better way of determining whether they felt such intense feelings in the beginning, because it was the honeymoon phase or if it was because it was true love. The honeymoon phase differs in duration for everyone, but some statistics show that it approximately lasts anywhere from the first date to two years. Ideally, we'd all like to try and make the honeymoon phase last for a lifetime. However, I'll write about that topic in another article. Here are 10 ways to know if it's true love.
1. He/she is your first thought every morning when you wake up and your last thought at night before you go to sleep.
2. You want him/her to be happy, even if it's with someone else or at the expense of your own happiness.
3. You want your partner to grow and learn, even if it's at your inconvenience. You're both better people than you were, before you met.
4. You feel a fire and chemistry between each other that has only grown over time. It's not solely a physical chemistry, but a deep spiritual connection as well.
5. You love what the person looks like when they're in their natural state; without fancy clothes, makeup, hair blow dried straight, etc.
6. You're each other's best friend.
7. You respect each other's boundaries, give each other space when needed, and respect each other's privacy.
8. You don't feel trapped, but you feel the desire to spend quality time with the person.
9. You know each other, trust each other, and are faithful to each other.
10. You can't imagine being with anyone else but him/her. As well, you can imagine growing old with this person.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and are well rested. Wishing you all a beautiful Monday! I'm hoping that all the singles out there find their true love soon! Sending good vibes!