When you fall for the wrong types of people repeatedly, you have to start looking at what the root of your pattern is. You have to find out why you keep attracting the same types of people that you're clearly in certain ways either not compatible with, or all come with the same issues. It's likely that some of the things that you might be attracted to that aren't so good for you, you have within yourself.
My aunt Kara Michael, who's an amazing spiritual healer, and has the best energy ever, has taught me a thing or two in merely a couple of sessions working with her, and that's that you can only receive the things in life that you're ready for. When she told me that, it sort of hit home, and I realized that until I was ready to fall in love with the type of person that I was looking for, I wouldn't. When I found that out and believed it to be true, I started taking a different approach. I decided to work on myself, so that I could become ready for the type of love that I deserve and desired to have in my life. It was those qualities that I found myself being attracted to and unbeknownst to me, I had some of within myself that kept me single longer, and delayed the process of me finding my one true love.
You can meet some of the most amazing people in life, and some that even seem like they'd be a great match in love. But, if you keep falling into the same pattern and going after the same types of people, ending up in relationships that lead to nothing, except for maybe making a new friend, you have to change something within yourself and what kinds of people you're drawing in. You have to be a whole person that's healthy on the inside, before you can find a whole person that's healthy within someone else. This goes for making friends as well as finding love.
There could be many reasons that you're not ready to find your true love, and it starts from within. The following examples might be helpful in guiding you towards getting the happiness that you've been yearning for and that you deserve. When you read the list, it's important to understand and know that everyone deserves love, everyone deserves happiness, and everyone is deserving of the kind of life that they dream of.
Here's the list:
1. Appreciate all that you have in life. Concentrate on all of the positives in your life, not the negatives. Things could always be much worse, even when they're at their worst. It's important to remember that, and appreciate everything that you have in this life, while you have it.
2. Know your self-worth and that you're deserving of everything good. Get rid of the little voice in your head that says negative things. Simply kill the thoughts of anything weighing you down with disbelief. Never put yourself down, even in your own mind. Whether it be in regards to your outer appearance or about the way that you feel on the inside. Stop criticizing yourself.
3. Take care of yourself first. Be good to yourself and care about spoiling yourself once in awhile. Everyone deserves to be spoiled once in awhile, and if someone else isn't spoiling you, you should spoil yourself. You should eat a predominantly healthy diet and take care of your body and health by going to the gym or working out. Feeling good on the inside and on the outside go hand-in-hand. The bottom line is that you need to love yourself.
4. Never settle for less than what you want and deserve. Settling for someone is never the right answer. When a person settles for less than what they want, they're usually doing so because they don't want to be alone, they don't know their self-worth, they don't feel deserving of love and passion, and for many other reasons as well.
5. The most important thing is to know what you're looking for. You should know what you want in another person, what works for you, and what doesn't in a relationship. When you date people without knowing or having an idea of what you're looking for in a person, you're basically going in blindfolded. You can't expect to find what you want, and live your life with a mentality of, "I'll know what I want, when I see it." Finding true love simply doesn't work that way. The most that you could find having that approach would be lust, and something that likely won't last very long.